Shane has performed comedy on Broadway, produced award-winning films, been in the running for the Pulitzer Prize for investigative journalism, and founded several companies at the intersection of media and technology, including the business skills training company Snow Academy, the content marketing platform Contently, and the film technology company Integrated Cinematics.
A dynamic storyteller and internationally acclaimed keynote speaker, Snow has been declared a “Wunderkind" by The New York Times, a “Maverick” by Details, and his work “Insanely addicting” by GQ. He's consistently rated the top speaker at global conferences and private events—with an uncanny ability to get people to drop their phones, unless it's to tweet about their minds being blown—leaving audiences with new ways to approach problems and teamwork. After hearing Snow speak, people never look at work the same way.
Snow's writing has appeared in Wired, The New Yorker, Fast Company, The Washington Post, and Time. He’s a Fellow of The Royal Society of the Arts, an exclusive club co-founded by Benjamin Franklin to enrich society through ideas and action; a recipient of Columbia University’s prestigious Innovator Award, for furthering the cause of journalism; and the co-founder of the technology firm Contently, which has been repeatedly named to Inc. and Deloitte's lists of fastest growing private companies, and Crain's and Ad Age's best places to work in America.
In his entertaining and provocative keynote presentations, Snow shatters common wisdom through gripping stories and surprising research on innovation and human behavior. The BBC says that his ideas, "could change your life," and Maxim adds, "Snow is not telling you how to succeed; he's daring you to do it."
- The Science of Storytelling
In his Storytelling Edge keynotes, award-winning journalist, serial entrepreneur, and human behavior researcher Shane Snow brings cutting-edge insights and innovative storytelling—about storytelling—that you’ve never heard anywhere else.
Have Shane customize the experience to your audience’s needs by delving into any of the following:
• The neuroscience of memory encoding, and how certain kinds of stories make information more easy to recall
• The science of oxytocin, and how storytelling can trigger empathy to make people care deeply about the story… or its teller
• Habits for telling more persuasive and powerful stories as a leader, a salesperson, or a marketer
• The core elements of great stories and how to weave them into your presentations, your communications, and your conversations
• Why much of what we’ve been taught at school about how to build a story (and what most other speakers out there are still teaching) is outdated based on our present knowledge of psychology and neuroscience—and what the most fantastic storytellers in cinema (and business) do instead
• Habits that can help even those who don’t consider themselves “writers” or “creative” become more compelling at telling their stories
- Breakthrough Teamwork
In his Dream Teams keynotes, award-winning journalist, serial entrepreneur, and human behavior researcher Shane Snow brings cutting-edge insights and innovative storytelling you’ve never heard anywhere else.
• Have him customize the experience to your audience’s needs by delving into any of the following:
• The psychology of successfully managing conflict and making difficult conversations productive
• The neuroscience of emotional intelligence and empathy—and how to practice them more effectively
• Habits for communicating clearly and in-arguably
• Harnessing cognitive diversity, and habits for inclusion that actually move the needle
• How intellectual humility works—and how to leverage it to make your teams smarter and more adaptable
• The hidden habits of the world’s most innovative problem-solving teams (and how to foster them)
- Host a Virtual Gameshow with Shane Snow
Turn webinars into custom, interactive events that entertain, educate, and intrigue.
- Human Chemistry and the Science of Making Breakthroughs Together (Interactive Session)
In this session, Shane Snow teams up with biochemist Alex Ott (NASA, Tom Ford) for a hands-on, immersive sensory experience you'll never forget. In it, Snow and Ott dazzle the crowd in circus-showman-style, teaching the surprising science of breakthrough teamwork while tickling the audience's senses with creative elixirs, edible foam, and more—with both the message and concoctions customized to the audience and the occasion. This session has been known to leave audiences chanting, with reviewers frequently calling it the most unique and memorable session they've experienced at a conference or off-site. Boook tis session if you’re aiming to:
•Get your audience off their feet and hands 0n with something truly unique
•Create an incredibly memorable, multi-sensory experience
•Nerd out and have fun while teaching about the science of great teamwork
- Smartcuts: Accelerating Innovation, Managing Change, & Thinking Differently
Breakthrough innovation happens when we rethink conventional wisdom. But how do you train yourself—or your organization—to think differently? How do you foster an environment where it’s safe to do so, where innovation can thrive without destroying your business? How do the world’s most clever companies manage to not only endure change, but harness it to climb to new heights? How do rocket makers and children’s hospitals stay alive in the face of market shifts and competitive challenges? What can established businesses learn from revolutionaries, crazy geniuses, and crackpot comedians to help manage changes big and small? In this clever and surprising keynote, Snow debunks myths of success, shares unforgettable research and stories, and fires audiences up to 11. You will never think the same. Book this keynote if you’re aiming to:
•Inspire intrapreneurship, and spur your audience to think differently about their current challenges
•Get your group to work more innovatively—and to get the naysayers on board with new ideas
•Teach your audience a framework for breakthrough problem solving
•Kick off a conference or offsite by getting people in a more open-minded place
- The Storytelling Edge, and How to Transform the Way You Work and Do Business Through Story
How do some companies build incredible brands, gain massive mindshare, and change their customers’ minds seemingly overnight while others toil for years to do the same? In this fast-paced keynote, Snow shares the secrets to powerful storytelling, with compelling (and often hilarious) stories and behind-the-scenes insights from his award-winning content company and hit book The Storytelling Edge. With his signature blend of dramatic narrative and rigorous science, Snow shows not only how each member of the audience can use storytelling to supercharge their jobs, but how stories work at a neurological level, and how our organizations can harness their power to build relationships, make people care, and spur change. Book this keynote if you’re aiming to:
•Teach your audience the brain-science of stories, and the key elements of world-class storytelling
•Help your organization master the art of storytelling for marketing, branding, or recruiting
•Help your group to leverage the power of stories for building relationships—and to use storytelling more effectively in their everyday work
•Kick off a conference or offsite with energizing and actionable food-for-thought
- Dream Teams and the Science of Breakthrough Collaboration
This brilliant and entertaining keynote performance will change the way you think about people, progress, and collaboration. Shane takes audiences on a rollicking adventure, revealing the secrets of the world’s most successful teams and coalitions in history. You’ll learn about the surprising factor behind most failed mergers and marriages; how a certain method of fighting is more useful than brainstorming; how leveraging “cognitive diversity” helps groups outmatch competitors; the science of becoming open-minded—and the outsize effect it has on group success; and the counter-intuitive truths about becoming better team players ourselves. Book this keynote if you’re aiming to:
•Create high functioning, hyper efficient, and highly effective teams
•Deal with people more effectively, saving time and solving problems in more innovative ways
•Debate smarter, influence better, and help your team get the most out of those around them
•Get “diversity” right—and learn to leverage differences instead of keeping diversity superficial
•Turn conflict into fuel for progress—neutralizing negativity, minimizing ego, and learning how to harness “cognitive friction”
•Develop intellectual humility, the #1 skill that will set apart innovators, leaders, and workers in tomorrow’s workplace
-Direct Marketing Association