Her company provides coaching, coach training and resilience training and has served clients in all 50 states and 15 countries on six continents. Since 1999, she has written 13 books on personal development translated into nine languages, including the bestsellers Successful Women Think Differently, Successful Women Speak Differently, What’s Really Holding You Back?, and the most recent book Let Go of the Guilt.
She has been a regular guest expert for the TODAY Show, CNN, Dr. Oz, and Essence, and has spoken for hundreds of organizations around the globe. She was named one of the top 60 motivational speakers in America, one of the Top 100 Thought Leaders in the field of personal development and featured in Ebony Magazine’s “Power 100” List. In 2020, two of her books received the Bronze Award from the Evangelical Christian Publishers Association, an honor bestowed upon high-quality books that are among the top-selling books in the last decade.
Valorie grew up in an Air Force family, living in Florida, Germany and Colorado, and spent her summers down south with her grandparents in Anderson, South Carolina. Her career began in Dallas, where she ran a public relations firm, co-hosted the television show The Potter’s Touch with T.D. Jakes, and was the youngest person appointed to the Texas Governor’s Commission for Women. She moved to Atlanta in 2009 to be near family in a city she had always admired.
She has a master’s degree in applied positive psychology from the University of Pennsylvania, a master’s degree in journalism from Florida A&M University and a BA from Florida State University. She and her husband Jeff live south of Atlanta with their children
- Resilient & Ready - How to Thrive Through Challenge & Change
One of the most important skills in today's marketplace is the ability to adapt to change and thrive despite the challenges that come your way. In this highly relevant and entertaining presentation, Valorie Burton helps audiences understand and create the building blocks of resilience so they can bounce back from setbacks, withstand pressure and maintain a positive perspective. Using practical takeaways and how-to's, she equips your audience with a survival toolkit for any challenge that comes their way!
- Goal Setting, Goal Getting! Reach Your Goals Faster
Are you setting the right goals? How do you know? Are your team members’ strategies for reaching goals as effective as they could be? Does your team have the traits needed to reach major goals—and if not, do you know how to develop those traits?
In this fun and fast-paced session, Valorie Burton shares practical, research-based methods to reach your goals faster, more easily and more consistently.
In this highly engaging and interactive session, you’ll learn:
• Three foundational principles of effective goal setting. They’re rarely discussed, yet without them your goals are likely to falter or fizzle.
• How to set a goal in a way that challenges but doesn’t overwhelm you or your team
• The 7 Building Blocks of the “goal getting” process.
• Which of the 7 Building Blocks you already possess, where you have gaps that need to be filled—and how to close those gaps.
• How to spot and eliminate “Goal Fatigue,” a little-known phenomenon that impacts leaders and employees in demanding environments.
• Create meaningful goals that boost happiness.
• Build the confidence you need to reach goals outside your comfort zone.
- Happy Women Live Better: 13 Ways to Trigger Your Happiness Every Day
Happier people are more productive, perform better and are more engaged in their work and with customers. When organizations invest in helping employees be happier, it impacts morale and the bottom line. Women have more education, more money, and more choices than ever before. Yet, research shows we are less happy than women 40 years ago. Today, we can “have it all.” So why is happiness declining? Valorie Burton will help your audience unlock the secrets to their personal happiness, allowing them to boost their joy right now, even in the midst of deadlines, children, marriage, dating and squeezing in a workout or girls’ night out. Through 13 happiness triggers, your audience will learn to:
• Bounce back from workplace stress and adversity faster
• Enjoy deeper satisfaction within their current role in the company
• Balance personal and work life more effectively
• Fight off depression, colds and other illnesses
• Live longer!
- Successful Women Think Differently
(This can be adjusted to Successful People Think Differently)
You are capable of far more than you know. Scientific studies prove successful people think differently than the average person. They make decisions differently, set goals differently, and bounce back from failure and adversity differently. In this intriguing and energetic presentation, Valorie Burton will help you and your audience:
• Pinpoint your thinking style and make adjustments to improve performance
• Understand why talent isn’t enough and how to develop the self-control that will take you to the next level
• Understand why how you explain your success and failure predicts more about your potential than you think
• How to focus on solutions, not problems.
This powerful presentation is based on Valorie’s national bestselling book, Successful Women Think Differently.
- Where Will You Go From Here? Bounce Back From a Setback
Has the unexpected knocked you off course? You lost your job to the latest round of layoffs. A relationship you thought would last forever, didn’t. A health challenge is disrupting your life. Life doesn’t always go according to plan, but with the right attitude and skills, you can persevere through even the toughest situations—and emerge stronger and better than ever. Valorie’s message is designed to help you navigate life’s obstacles and feel empowered to:
- Unearth the courage you need for any situation.
- Replace negative thinking with an optimistic outlook.
- Navigate disappointments in a way that makes you better, rather than bitter.
- Work/Life Balance: How to Excel at Work and Energize Your Life
People are living at a faster pace and under higher expectations than ever before in history. How do you thrive at work and still enjoy a healthy personal life? Using relatable stories and surprising research, Valorie Burton gives audiences practical tools for excelling at work when there is more to do and less time to do it. You will learn how to:
• Say “yes” to what matters by saying “no” more often.
• Increase your day-to-day joy and fun, even when your schedule feels routine.
• Make time for the people and activities that nourish your mind, body and spirit.
It’s possible to create more balance and fulfillment with less stress and overload. Valorie will show you how.